System Crafters Live! - November 26, 2021
Watch the recording on YouTube!
¶EmacsConf 2021 - My Suggestions
Here are some cool talks you might want to check out!
¶I'm Rewriting My Configuration Again
Next year will be interesting! I've got some ambitious plans for my personal projects and I've been thinking a lot about what changes I need to make to my personal configuration and my streaming setup.
¶What are my plans and how do they affect how I use my computer(s)?
Starting a new channel to focus on building audio/visual tools from scratch and making things with them!
Need to have multiple desktop environment configurations for different use cases:
- EXWM from System Crafters videos/streams
- Another window manager for A/V tool hacking streams (dwm, i3, StumpWM, Guile-WM, bspwm/herbsluftwm)
- Multi-PC streaming setup to ensure that nothing I do kills the stream
- Maybe use a different Linux distribution for the media machine
¶Cleaning up and presenting my configuration more effectively
- Maybe setting up a shared base configuration (bare-emacs, needs a better name) and build on that
- Invest more in converting to Guix Home
- However, try to find the balance between Guix Home and normal config files
- Creating a better configuration website and presentation
¶Improving the quality of streams and videos
- Visual demonstrations with graphics
- Having a more interesting screen layout (experiment with OBS)
- More/better music for System Crafters videos and streams
- Multiple cameras
- Synchronizing activity between machines for streaming and recording
The new YouTube channel I was talking about: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ4HO8or08HUGUzA0w8Tagw