Join the new Emacs Mastodon instance! https://emacs.ch/
I’ve already got an account on Fosstodon: https://fosstodon.org/@daviwil
- EXWM 0.27 was just released! I’m thinking about switching back…
Streams will start around 11AM UTC on Saturday and Sunday!
- Support the channel! Buy Mastering Emacs with this link https://www.masteringemacs.org/r/systemcrafters
¶Converting a Literate Org Config to Guix Home
Today we’re going to try converting more of my Emacs-based Org Babel literate system configuration over to Guix Home! I’ve wanted to do this for a while and I now have more reason than ever to do it.
The biggest reason, though: my configuration is a total headache to manage now!
Here’s what I’d like to accomplish:
- Any files that need to be symlinked into
$HOMEshould be done via Guix Home, not
- Stop using individual manifest files, move the packages I actually use into Home config
- Improve my desktop environment home service, make it configurable
- Create other home services so that I can conditionally bring in different functionality (audio systems, etc)
- Archive my old
When we’re finished, I plan to check in the changes to the
master branch of my dotfiles repository:
I still need to figure out how I’ll make it into a website, but that’s a problem for another day.